What Types of Information Do We Collect from You?
Personal Information. Personal Information is information that identifies an individual. In order for you to take advantage of particular opportunities provided through the Services (for example, to receive white papers and/or investor materials, participate in certain forums on the Services or sign-up for a DREAM Fan Shares account), you may be required to furnish Personal Information. If you choose to register, you must provide the following additional information: name, email address.
We may also combine Personal Information you provide to us with publicly available information, such as your organization’s name, in the event you provide us with an email address from your organization.
Individual user information is never shared with third parties or in a way that exposes a user’s identity. The above data is collected, aggregated, anonymized, and presented to content creators to inform them of their audiences’ demographics. Additionally, DFS uses your aggregated and anonymized personal data improve DFS’s UX and overall business.
If you have any questions, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Non-Personal Information. Non-Personal Information is aggregated information, demographic information and any other information that does not reveal an individual’s specific identity. We collect the following types of non-personal information.
We may collect certain environmental variables, such as your MAC address, computer type, screen resolution, OS version and browser type and version. These environmental variables are collected by most websites and can be used to optimize your experience on the Services.
Web beacons, also known as clear GIFs or single-pixel GIFs, are small image files that we, or service providers acting on our behalf, may place in our Web pages, in our advertisements and in our emails. Working in conjunction with cookies, web beacons allow us to accurately count the number of unique users who have visited a specific Website page or section, clicked on one of our advertisements, or opened or acted upon an email. They also tell us the number of times advertisements or pages are displayed. This allows us to measure the performance of our Services, our advertising and our email campaigns.
Information That You Provide
Your Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), and in many cases, IP addresses are shared by multiple people. This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Services, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) you visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites.
How Does DFS Use Information Collected From Me?
We may use Personal Information in the following ways:
- to fulfill your requests, such as to create a DFS account, send requested information, send online video updates or complete your purchases;
- to inform you of products, programs, services and promotions from us and/or our marketing partners that we believe may be of interest to you;
- for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our Services, improving our Services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
We may use Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Service usage levels, helping diagnose server problems and administering the Services. We may also use and disclose IP Addresses for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. Please note that we treat IP Addresses, server log files and related information as Non-Personal Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
How Does DFS Disclose Personal Information?
We may disclose Personal Information:
- to our affiliates and any future corporate subsidiaries or affiliates, so that they may use such Personal Information for the purposes described in this policy. DFS is the party responsible for the management of the jointly-used Personal Information;
- to our third party service providers who need the information to provide us with services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service and email delivery services;
- to third parties to allow them to contact you regarding products, programs, services and promotions that they believe may be of interest to you;
- to identify you to any person to whom you send messages regarding Service-related content through the Services;
- to third parties who sponsor events with DFS (such as Personal Information of attendees of sponsored webinars) to allow them to contact you regarding products, programs, services and promotions that they believe may be of interest to you;
- to an affiliate or other third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including, without limitation, in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings);
- as we believe appropriate:
- under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
- to comply with legal process;
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public
and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- to enforce our terms and conditions;
- to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates;
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you
- to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; and
Other Important Notices Regarding Our Privacy Practices
Forums and Profiles
We may make other services available through the Services (for example, message boards, forums, chat functionality, “profile pages” and blogs) to which you are able to post information and materials (collectively referred to as the “Forums”). Please note that any information you disclose through the Forums may be available to visitors to the Services and to the general public. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose Personal
Information, or any other information, via the Forums. We are not responsible for the use of any Personal Information you disclose through the Forums.
Third Party Sites and Services
Apps, Developers, and Other Online Content Providers on our Services
You may be able to interact with third-party digital content, games, apps, and other experiences through our Services. We may share information about you with these partners so they can provide you with the experiences you’ve requested, such as:
- Personal Information about how you use our Services. For example, we may provide a third-party content creator with information about how you use the Services so they can enhance your user experience.
- Information about your interaction with the third-party service, such as how long you have interacted with content or how far you have progressed in a game.
- Any other information you choose to share with the third party.
Third-party content providers may also collect information from you directly through the experiences they provide. Please note that any information you share with these (or other) third parties will be subject to those third parties’ own privacy policies, not this one.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please do not send us sensitive information through email. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below (note that if you choose to notify us via physical mail, this will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem).
Parental Control Provisions
Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230(d), as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available at the following links: http://www.eff.org and http://www.netparents.org.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt out by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in the latest such message you have received or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would prefer that we not share Personal Information about you in the future with our affiliates and/or with third parties for such affiliates’ and/or third parties’ marketing purposes, you may opt out from such sharing by contacting us at email@example.com. Please specify whether you are opting out of receiving messages from us or from sharing with our affiliates and third parties.
We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out as described above, we will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the databases of our affiliates or third parties with whom we have already shared your Personal Information. If you wish to cease receiving marketing-related emails from such affiliates or third parties, please contact them directly.
Changing or Suppressing Personal Information
If you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress or otherwise limit our use of your Personal Information that has been previously provided to us, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request in accordance with applicable law. For your protection, we will only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. You also may review, correct and update certain information that you provided by logging into your DFS account and editing your profile information.
In each event, you must clearly indicate the information that you wish to have changed or suppressed. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in compliance with applicable law. We may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed. Changing, suppressing, or limiting our use of your Personal Information may mean that you will be unable to access the Services offered by DFS. Finally, we are not responsible for removing or suppressing information from the databases of third parties with whom we have already shared your Personal Information, or limiting their use of your Personal Information. If you wish to change or suppress information provided to an affiliate or third party, please contact them directly.
California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the address in the “Contacting Us” section below.
Note Regarding the Use of the Services by Children
The Services are not directed to children under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that children not provide Personal Information through the Services. If you become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Jurisdiction and Cross-Border Issues
We do not represent or warrant that the Services, or any part thereof, is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Services do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the availability of the Services, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion. By using the Services and submitting any Personal Information, you consent to the transfer of Personal Information to other countries, such as the United States, which may provide a level of data security different from your country of residence.
DREAM Fan Shares
919 N. Market St.
Wilmington, DE 19801
If you feel that your complaint has not been adequately resolved, please note that the GDPR gives you the right to contact your local data protection supervisory authority. You can learn more about these rights at ec.europa.eu.